[Zope3-dev] Schema Field Names

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 17:46:25 +0200

Stephan Richter wrote:
> is there already a final decision made to call the basic fields Int, Str, Bool
> and so on? I would like to rename it to Integer, String, Boolean ... since it
> seems more readable to me...

That seems bad, as Python 2.2 is using int, str, and 2.3 will have bool.
This is why I used those field names.

> Also, the guy who tries to maintain the style guide has a bias towards full
> names! ;-)

The guy who tries to maintain Python has a bias towards the other names,
so I was following suit. It's far easier on anyone to just have a single
naming convention for these beasties, and since Python already has one..

Regards,

Martijn