[Zope3-dev] Schema Field Names

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:05:16 -0400

> That seems bad, as Python 2.2 is using int, str, and 2.3 will have bool.
> This is why I used those field names.

Well, but Schemas are not required to be that Python-specific. I talked to =
at=20
least 5 people over the weekend (E-mail and IRC) which were all in favor of=
=20
the long names. Therefore I changed them.

=46urthermore, our style guide explicitely states that full names are requi=
red.=20
Even Jim had to adjust his coding habbits. If you want to make a change to=
=20
the Style Guide, please make a proposal online (Wiki or E-mail).

=46or now I would like to change the names back to the full spelling.

> > Also, the guy who tries to maintain the style guide has a bias towards
> > full names! ;-)
>
> The guy who tries to maintain Python has a bias towards the other names,
> so I was following suit. It's far easier on anyone to just have a single
> naming convention for these beasties, and since Python already has one..

I disagree. It is worse breaking the Zope style guide. Guido read and knows=
=20
about this style guide. I know Python uses other conventions than Zope, but=
=20
Zope is not Python.

Regards,
Stephan