[Zope3-dev] Schemas

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:13:34 -0400

> > Please send me a brief summary about the stuff; I am not going to read
> > many hundred pages now (I don't have the time for that).
>
> I suggest it is not possible to write a decent schema implementation
> without some thought and architecture. If you don't have time to do this
> research, then I suggest you don't write Zope 3's schema architecture.

Well, but I need them NOW for a project I get actually partially paid for. =
Jim=20
mentioned already in April that we really need Schemas for a lot of stuff. =
I=20
waited very patiently until now not to work on it, but I need it now and I=
=20
will finish at least what I need.

If you would read all the docu out there on this stuff you never get done=20
implementing anything! If I do a mistake and people don't like my=20
implementation they can always change it (after a proposal). As long as the=
y=20
make all the tests pass, I am fine.

> > Also, Schemas + Forms
> > will work almost exactly like Formulator (which you can download for Zo=
pe
> > 2), so you can see how it works.
>
> In my mind, Schemas + Forms work quite a bit differently from Zope 2's
> Formulator.

Only technically. The effect at least for the Form part is pretty much the=
=20
same.

Regards,
Stephan