[Zope3-dev] Schemas

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:15:32 +0200

Stephan Richter wrote:
> > R. David Murray and I had a discussion on Schema the other day on irc,
> > did you see it? I can send you a log (courtesy of Steve Alexander) if
> > necessary. He may be working on this already, and was certainly planning
> > to.
>
> No, I have not seen it. If someone does something like that, they should send
> a message to the mailing list. I cannot be online all the time.

You were actually there and participating for at least part of it. :) Anyway,
if you dive into a project while you've been away for it for a while, it's
good to get up to speed with people who worked on it more recently, right?

> > > So, if you have any uncomitted code, please check it in...
> >
> > I don't. I saw in another post you were trying to speed me up. Pick
> > the weekend when I'm moving house, too, huh?
>
> Well, I was just not sure whether you had worked on it in the mean time. But I
> cannot wait for the code anymore.

Deciding you need a project now and getting paid for it is not an excuse for
the way you went ahead with this. Zope3 is pre-alpha, and we're working
together in a group here. If you really need it _now_ and can't be bothered
with communication, create a branch or work in your own sandbox.

I'm just frustrated as we could've both avoided hours of work if we'd
just talked for 15 minutes.

Regards,

Martijn