[Zope3-dev] Voting on Schema design

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:17:53 +0100

I say short names.  Zope isn't python, true, but they have intimate
knowledge of each other.  If you're trying to make the validation code
be  application-or-language-neutral, then logically you should go
further: which other languages call mutable / immutable arrays 'tuples'
and 'lists', or call hash tables 'dictionaries'?  Many loosely typed
languages don't distinguish between an int and a float, and don't have
an equivalent of tuples.  And what about long ints?

In other words, it's already strongly language-dependent.  I say, either
go with the python way or rethink it *entirely*.  And the python way
seems the easiest, and I'm lazy.

I'm very rarely hacking on Z3, so I'm not sure my opinion counts for
much, but I've been enjoying following this discussion and couldn't
resist adding something ;-)

seb

--

    [] j a m k i t