[Zope3-dev] Voting on Schema design

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:54:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > The CompoentArchitecture as currently implemented contains a *lot*
> > more stuff than the what I think most non-zope packages would be
> > interested in/benefit from using, that being adpaters.
>
> Like what? And why is that a problem?

I'm not sure it is.

But if you do an ls on the directory you see all this stuff about
Services, Views, Skins, etc.  If all you are looking for is to use
the ItoIRegistry via a mechanism like getAdapter (which is all most
non-zope apps will be interested in, IMO), the rest could be a
confusing distraction.

So what I'm talking about, here, is mostly a marketing distinction,
and that probably shouldn't govern <grin>.

--RDM