[Zope3-dev] Voting on Schema design

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:48:24 -0400

> If they always directly coorespond to Python types, then I would be
> inclined to match names with Python.

Well, the basic Fields are directly map, but there might be many, many more=
=2E=20
=46or example there will be a DateTimeField or maybe even an E-mail field.=
=20
Well, what about Points, Money, IP and MAC addresses and so on...

> If they do not, then I prefer the longer names. And I would only use the
> name Dictionary if it is semantically equivilant to a Python dict.
> Otherwise another name might be better.

Right, I agree.

> I find this whole Zope package thing quite confusing 8^) (but I know it
> makes Jim happy). Just stick it in site-packages... ;^)

:-) Just think a little bit in terms of Java. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
=2D-=20
Stephan Richter