[Zope3-dev] Voting on Schema design

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:55:49 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: R. David Murray

> > > 2. I think the Schema package should be in lib/python/Zope and not
lib/python.

> Um, I don't get why you'd want to move it into Zope.  Why does it
> belong anywhere other than in Interfaces?  If the consensus is that
> it would overcomplexify Interfaces, then I'd like to see it stay
> at the same level that Interfaces is at (ie: in lib/python where
> it is now).

Yes, -1; I'm sure there's a good reason for putting it in Zope, but I don't
know what it is.  Until I know, I agree with RDM.

> As for the Adapter dependency, what I'd like to see is the
> implementation of Phillip Eby's proposal to make the ItoIRegistry
> part of Interfaces.  I haven't looked into how exactly this would
> work in practice, but it seems like if there were then a "standard"
> getAdapter Interface that anybody using ItoIRegistry would implement,
> Schemas could use adapters and still be Zope independent <grin>.

While I agree with putting the IToIRegistry in the Interface package (and
was going to do it before being halted for some reason I forget), making
getAdapter available outside of ComponentArchitecture would be problematic,
IMO.

Gary