Package Organization (was Re: [Zope3-dev] Voting on Schemadesign)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:17:31 -0400

Shane Hathaway writes:
 > Most apps use a black-on-white color scheme by default, so what you
 > really want is to blacken as many pixels as possible to save power.

Depends on user settings, now doesn't it?  What we really need is an
algorithm to display text in the most power-efficient way with a given
color configuration.  There's usually a button for that on the front
edge of the monitor.  ;-)

 > Each computer only makes a small difference, but in the long run we
 > might net a savings of $1.00!
 >
 > how-much-money-did-I-spend-to-write-this-email'ly y'rs, Shane

More than I spent retroactively installing a color-power-optimization
button on the front of your monitor.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation