[Zope3-dev] ZCML alternative

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 00:58:35 -0400

> You gotta be kidding. It was *you* who recommended *not* using Python
> for configuration after you saw Python used for configuration early
> on.

I certainly didn't propose XML as an alternative.  I find XML
inappropriate when a human has to edit it (except in emergencies).

The alternative I was thinking of was a lot lighter on distracting
punctuation than XML.  XML is heavier on punctuation than Python.

> > Given that our XML schema (or DTD, or whatever) is entirely unique
>
> Is that supposed to matter?

It means that it looks unfamiliar to someone who is used to another
XML style.  I don't know if it matters much, but I understand most XML
styles have more text in the data and rely much less on attributes.

> > (and not very standard as XML style goes, IMO)
>
> Uh, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

I meant that all the info is in the attributes.