[Zope3-dev] ZCML alternative

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 10:06:16 -0400

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Your example actually hides most dependencies in the
> Configuration base class.

The only dependency is a single method, getConfigurator(), that might be
alternatively a method of an argument to register(), which would make
the Configuration base class unnecessary.

>>I concur, but it's more for folks to learn.
>
> No, it's less for folks to learn, because they don't have to learn Python.

It might be less for site managers--I'm not sure.  But it's more for
developers.  My fear is that we're making it too difficult for
developers like Itamar, who wanted to refactor some code that combined
Python and ZCML.  But I guess we'll discuss this some other time.

Shane