[Zope3-dev] ZCML alternative

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:17:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> It might be less for site managers--I'm not sure.  But it's more for
> developers.  My fear is that we're making it too difficult for
> developers like Itamar, who wanted to refactor some code that combined
> Python and ZCML.  But I guess we'll discuss this some other time.

I have sympathy for both positions on this one <grin>.

However, after reading the most recent conversation between Jim and
Itamar about Itamar's twisted issues, on IRC, I'm beginning to
suspect that the problem there isn't *really* zcml (although zcml
contributed to the opaqueness from Itamar's point of view), but
that Stephan's server configuration code was a first cut factoring
of the configuration stuff and needs at least a couple more refactoring
rounds before it is going to do the job we want it to do.

considering-the-merits-of-writing-a-"Guido-terse-config"-to-zcml-translator'ly yours

RDM