[Zope3-dev] spelling of namespace signifiers

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:28:05 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:

>> How does that sound?  Oh, and by the way, do we need these to work for
>> FTP or any other URL schemes besides HTTP?  Please let me know so I
>> can include them in the test suite if possible.  Thanks!
>
> They will need to work for other schemes.

Actually, they SHOULD work for other schemes, although bacause each
scheme can have its own container traversal mechanism, there could be
different conventions for different schemes.

There are very many advantages to having a single way of delimiting
these namespaces that will work across all or most schemes.

These advantages include simpler code, fewer traversal components, more
consistent user experience.

So, although technically this is a SHOULD, I would promote it to a MUST.

--
Steve Alexander