[Zope3-dev] Character tests: email recognition and browser quoting

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:56:56 -0600

On 6/6/02 11:05 AM, "Phillip J. Eby" <pje@telecommunity.com> wrote:

The browser tests worked in OmniWeb 4.1b6 in Mac OS X 10.1.5, but the email
client tests are looking to be pretty bad (not all that surprising though).

Mail setup:
Microsoft Entourage 10.1.0 (2006), Office v.X Service Release 1
Mac OS X 10.1.5

> Test 1: E-mail Client Recognition Support
>
> It's important for e-mail clients to recognize anything we use as a valid
> URL.  Please check that your mail client correctly recognizes the URLs
> listed below, and report any that do not work, along with your mail
> client's name, version, and OS.
>

> The URLs
> ========
>
> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/!bang!bang!

Final bang ! omitted.

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/)(paren)(

Final open paren ( omitted.

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/-dash-dash-

Final dash - omitted.

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/plus+plus

Worked.

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/++plus

Worked.

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/ending+

Final Plus + omitted.

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/ending,

Final comma , omitted.

Final @ ommitted.

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/(ns=view,some=other)thing

Worked

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/someview@file.txt

Worked

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/@ns=view,@some=other,file.txt

Everything omitted after the word 'view' [ ,@some=other,file.txt ]

----
I don't the omission of end characters surprising in the least, otherwise
emails like "Visit http://example.com/, and tell me what you think of the
new design" would fail.  I imagine this affects Structured Text URL usage
too.

--
Jeffrey P Shell
www.cuemedia.com