[Zope3-dev] Re: We need a way to define a i18n domain globally

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:04:00 -0400

On Thursday 13 June 2002 08:30, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     SR> I just started playing with the i18n stuff a little. To
>     SR> specify a domain in every single translation is plain
>     SR> nuts. Therefore I propose that if someone specifies a domain
>     SR> in a tag, then all tags that are contained by the
>     SR> corresponding element are also of this domain.
>
> +1

Thanks; when do you think you will get to it. I am working on this stuff=20
today, so I would like to have this very soon. :-)

BTW, I think I am going to implement a CollectingTranslationService too, so=
 we=20
can start collecting messages. MMh, I should make it an interface.

The only thing I am not sure of yet is on how to save the found messages in=
=20
case of the GlobalTranslationService. I wanted to make the=20
ICollectingTranslationService dependent of IEditableTranslationService (wil=
l=20
be checked in in a sec), but that will not work for this case. Any ideas?

Regards,
Stephan
=2D-=20
Stephan Richter