[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zip] Zope 3 I18n & L10n Guidelines online

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:53:06 -0400

On Monday 17 June 2002 22:13, Yusei Tahara wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Can I use other encodings(not UTF-8) in transration?
> Because,UTF-8 is not a common encoding in Japan.
> I would like to use these encodings (euc-jp,shift-jis and iso-2022-jp).

You can use whatever you like. I just said I would **prefer** UTF-8, but it=
 is=20
not a must. Just be sure to specify the right encoding in the PO header:=20

charset=3DYOUR_FAV_ENCODING

Note that message ids are alway ASCII, so they should never be affected, ev=
en=20
though I convert them to unicode too with the same charset.

Regards,
Stephan

=2D-=20
Stephan Richter