[Zope3-dev] Learning Zope3

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 07:52:49 -0600

>Another area of complexity is in the Publisher. I haven't looked into that
>right now. Then again, so far I've found I don't have to ;-)

Shane is writing documentation this week for it. Also, I just rehashed
Zope.App.ZopePublication, so you might want to look out for checkings. Ah
ja, you should also subscribe to zope3-dev and zope-checkins (the best
source for the latest news about Zope).

>Also, take a look at the zcml subsystems. These start with
>whatever-meta.zcml files, each of which describe the grammar for a
>particular set of zcml directives.
>Then, look at the various metaConfigure.py modules to see how the
>directives in zcml files get expressed at runtime.

Yes, this is easy to understand and shows you much about the component
architecture as well.

BTW, I do not think that any community member (or for that argument even
Jim) would claim that s/he understands everything of the system. Some of
the sub-packages in itself are very, very complex, such as Zope.Server I
think; but then I know Shane will hopefully fill some holes next week. I
just implemented XML-RPC and it the functioning of the internals is
actually very cool.

Regards,
Stephan

--