[Zope3-dev] XP-ish?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:15:42 +0000

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> A general comment. I agree with Stephan that sometimes writing tests
> first isn't the route *my* brain can handle; it indeeds requires a good
> understanding of the problem domain, and sometimes the best way for me
> to gain this understanding is to experiment or write a prototype;

Now this I agree with, and it's how I work with really nasty little problems.
However, prototype code should never end up in production!

So:
1. prototype
2. tests
3. 'real' code

...but step 1 only for really hard problems where you're starting from scratch, which I
don't believe is the case here ;-)

> That's not to say everyone should just get away with everything as
> they can claim their brain is different

Indeed!

cheers,

Chris