[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/OFS/Container/Views/Browser- main.pt:1.1.2.2

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 18:40:47 +0000

Steve Alexander wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>

>> I would think an empty action would be illegal.
>

>>> Would omitting the action altogether work?
>>

>> I doubt it.
>

> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1866.txt states:
>
>  ACTION
>             specifies the action URI for the form. The action URI of
>             a form defaults to the base URI of the document
>

> Also, from the DTD, we can see that form action is implied, and
> therefore need not be explicitly stated.

Hmmm... but in HTML 4.0, it seems to be required.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#h-17.3

<!ELEMENT FORM - - (%block;|SCRIPT)+ -(FORM) -- interactive form -->
<!ATTLIST FORM
   %attrs; -- %coreattrs, %i18n, %events --
   action %URI; #REQUIRED -- server-side form handler --
   method (GET|POST)     GET       -- HTTP method used to submit the form--
   enctype %ContentType; "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
   accept %ContentTypes; #IMPLIED  -- list of MIME types for file upload --
   name CDATA #IMPLIED  -- name of form for scripting --
   onsubmit %Script; #IMPLIED  -- the form was submitted --
   onreset %Script; #IMPLIED  -- the form was reset --
   accept-charset %Charsets; #IMPLIED  -- list of supported charsets --

--
Steve Alexander