[Zope3-dev] Proposal: More obvious TALES namespaces

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:56:51 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:
> I suggest renaming these to be:
>

>   context    the content component
>
>   view       the view component that is currently being presented

Sounds a lot better. Does Zope 3's current 'container' have anything
to do with 'container' in Zope 2? Note that I also strongly recommend
using the same names for Python Scripts. :)

You could also name 'context' to 'content', but I understand 'context'
is in current use in Zope 3.

If you did the latter, it'd be almost the same as the thing I've hacked
together in Zope 2 to do something like this. :)

> Actually, perhaps view should be "presentation", as it could be a
> resource or other presentation component that is being presented.
> However, "view" is nice because it is short and easy to remember.

Yes, view is nicer.

> Having "context" represent the content component is consisitent with
> other uses of "context" and "getContext" in Zope 3.

Right, which is why we're not calling it 'content'. I imagine also because
sometimes you're not talking to a content component directly but to something
else layered above the content.

Regards,

Martijn