[Zope3-dev] The Date Time and TimeZone question

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:30:20 -0500

[Guido]
> I have no desire to couple Python's standard datetime implementation
> to a 3rd party library.  Nor does Zope, I'm sure.

[Frank Tegtmeyer]
> Why not? There is an excellent one at http://cr.yp.to/libtai.html.
> It's public domain, implements TAI (not UTC) and is very
> fast. Additionally the value space covers the lifetime of the
> universe and fractional seconds up to attoseconds are supported.

Guido's answer was in response to a question about time zone and DST
support.  libtai doesn't know anything about either concept (although
"support time zones" is in its TODO file, apparenly last modified in 1998).

If Zope users intend to use astronomical time with attosecond precision, it
would be a good fit.  Is that your use case?  Really <wink>?