[Zope3-dev] Is someone going to do a LoginManager-alikefor Zoipe3?

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:30:50 -0500

At 11:47 AM 3/14/02 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
>"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
> >
> > At 05:58 PM 3/12/02 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >
> > >I thought someone was talking about that, but I don't remember
> > >who?
> >
> > Well, Ty and I will almost certainly need one at some point, and if there
> > isn't one, we'll write one.  :)
> >
> > The tricky bit is that our group just lost two developers, making it likely
> > that "some point" is a later point in time than it was before.  :(
>
>Wanna take a shot at documenting a Zope3-based design? Maybe expressed
>as some interfaces and simple collaborations? We could get the implementation
>done by others, perhaps in an upcoming sprint.

I'd be happy to...  *but* I'll need a little help getting re-oriented to
Z3.  I haven't been following Zope 3's evolution closely lately, and don't
even know where to look for the interfaces that the auth service should be
following.

What does Z3 want from an auth service?  Is there some place you can point
me to for the current docs on principals, etc.  I need to know what
architecture this has to fit into, if you see what I mean.  I'd be willing
to draw up the interfaces, and maybe even contribute the core algorithm and
one or two trivial auth pieces (e.g. Basic, REMOTE_USER) and a trivial user
source (e.g. an "Anonymous" one, and maybe a .zcml-based one.)  Assuming,
of course, there aren't already suitable sources for Principals in Z3 now;