[Zope3-dev] Is someone going to do a LoginManager-alikeforZoipe3?

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:13:32 -0500

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 11:47 AM 3/14/02 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:

> > > Well, Ty and I will almost certainly need one at some point, and if there
> > > isn't one, we'll write one.  :)
> > >
> > > The tricky bit is that our group just lost two developers, making it likely
> > > that "some point" is a later point in time than it was before.  :(
> >
> >Wanna take a shot at documenting a Zope3-based design? Maybe expressed
> >as some interfaces and simple collaborations? We could get the implementation
> >done by others, perhaps in an upcoming sprint.
>
> I'd be happy to...  *but* I'll need a little help getting re-oriented to
> Z3.  I haven't been following Zope 3's evolution closely lately, and don't
> even know where to look for the interfaces that the auth service should be
> following.

See:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/SecurityFramework

http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/Security/Attic/IAuthenticationService.py?rev=1.1.2.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup&only_with_tag=Zope-3x-branch

:)

> What does Z3 want from an auth service?  Is there some place you can point
> me to for the current docs on principals, etc.  I need to know what
> architecture this has to fit into, if you see what I mean.  I'd be willing
> to draw up the interfaces, and maybe even contribute the core algorithm and
> one or two trivial auth pieces (e.g. Basic, REMOTE_USER) and a trivial user
> source (e.g. an "Anonymous" one, and maybe a .zcml-based one.)  Assuming,
> of course, there aren't already suitable sources for Principals in Z3 now;
> as I said, I've had other things to attend to.  :(

Wanna schedule a phone call to go over this stuff?

BTW, we've been experimenting with text-based colaboration models.
For example, I'm fairly happy with:
 http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/lib/python/Zope/Publisher/Attic/normal.clb?rev=1.1.2.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup&only_with_tag=Zope3-publisher-refactor-branch

Maybe this is a format that you could use to show interactions. If you like,
I could do one of these for the bootstrap service defined in zcml.