[Zope3-dev] alternate format for configuration files

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:35:07 +0000

Casey Duncan wrote:
> I like 8^). This is much easier to read and discern what each value is
> being applied to.
>
> You would need to make sure that one could still override settings at a
> higher level easily. I think that is doable, but requires a bit more
> thought with the nested tag structure.

There's that issue of overridability.

There's also the issue of extensibility: At present, code that is not in
the zope3 core can define new directives, in a new namespace.

The namespaces of code in the core are also important to maintain the
modularity of Zope 3.

With the addition of namespaces, it should be a simple transformations
from Jeremy's notation to the current zcml, and back. Perhaps someone
would write an XSL-T or python script to do it?

--
Steve Alexander