[Zope3-dev] alternate format for configuration files

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:39:51 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Casey Duncan wrote:
> That said, I find your file 1000% easier to read.

I find the parameterized version easier to read, with the major
exception of the issue of grouping the stuff from the different
namespaces.  Jim has some ideas for simplifying it, and if you
apply those (basically, rolling the security directives in as an
attribute on a lot of tags and having the leading . also represent
the package name in an included file), the parameterized version
becomes a lot shorter than your subelement version, with actually
less redundant typing.

--RDM