[Zope3-dev] How does Zope.Configuration work?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:13:10 +0000

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> But as we were working on our little jobboard app this week, we had to
> write a lot of config code that was needed purely to get our app
> working, and any changes the site admin would make to them would
> either have no effect or break the app.  Examples: the various
> <browser:view .../> declarations are essential for tying the
> components of the app together, and its components are designed to
> work together exactly in the way they are tied together.

If your app is designed nicely, I should be able to look at your
interfaces, and from them, make my own browser views of your components,
and use my site.zml file (for example) to override your product's
defaults so that my own view is used.

Such a change should *not* break the application. If it does, I suggest
there is too much coupling between your content component and your views.

--
Steve Alexander