[Zope3-dev] .App+

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:32:27 +0000

 From the zope-checkins list:

----

     JF> Now, a leading dot in a dotted name implies the package the
     JF> include file was included from. It still defaults to
     JF> ZopeProducts if a file was not included via a package.

If this was a complete merge, we also added some alternative syntax
for a trailing dot, i.e. a trailing +, e.g.:

     .App+

is equivalent to

     .App.

looks-better-to-me-ly y'rs,
-Barry

----

I'm +0 on the .App+ syntax over the .App. syntax.

However, I'd like only one way to be chosen. I don't see why we need two
ways of saying "the last name is repeated as many times as necessary".

This will just add to confusion when explaining to people how it all works.

At this early stage of development, we have the opportunity to make
things simple and clean. Please let's take advantage of that.

--
Steve Alexander