[Zope3-dev] .App+

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:51:30 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> For me, .App. just looks like an error.  It's close enough to Python
> to be familiar, but far enough to be jarring.  .App+ at least harkens
> to regular expressions, or shell globbing, etc. and at the very least,
> doesn't look like broken Python.

Another advantage of xxx=".App+" is that, at least to my eyes, it is
slightly more obvious when scanning a .zcml file that there
is or is not a trailing + on a name.  Our eyes are so used to
sometimes seeing periods at the end of quoted text and sometimes
not that the mind just sort of skips over that detail.

So I'm +1 on switching to +.

--RDM