[Zope3-dev] How does Zope.Configuration work?

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:06:21 -0700

This is necessary to support placement of Zope packages (aka products)
anywhere in the PYTHONPATH. If python can find JobBoardEx, then Zope can
find it.

This is a classic "Explicit is better than implicit" sort of thing. If
you had multiple zopes sharing the same ZopeProducts directory for
example, you might want one to include a given package but not another.

OTOH, there is no reason why one could not create a ui that looks in
ZopeProducts and lets one point and click the interface to add the right
include directive, Or even to create a script that adds the directives
for every package in ZopeProducts (or some other directory) for you.

A script would be useful when setting up a site. Just throw the packages
in the directory, and run the script to add the includes.

-Casey