[Zope3-dev] How does Zope.Configuration work?

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:06:43 +0100

From: "Casey Duncan" <casey@zope.com>
> If you had multiple zopes sharing the same ZopeProducts directory for
> example, you might want one to include a given package but not another.

I understand the need for selecting and deselecting products. I just think
it should not be done via typing in code.

> OTOH, there is no reason why one could not create a ui that looks in
> ZopeProducts and lets one point and click the interface to add the right
> include directive, Or even to create a script that adds the directives
> for every package in ZopeProducts (or some other directory) for you.

Yup. I feel that either the latter should be default in Zope, or this UI
should be a part of the control panel or somesuch thing. Requiring somebody
to what basically is ( in my world at least) a type of programming, is not
exactly "user friendly". :-)

> This is a classic "Explicit is better than implicit" sort of thing.

If packing up a product in a specialized directory and restarting the server
isn't explicit, then nothing is. :-)