[Zope3-dev] Where Am I?

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:28:06 -0600

Hi Chris,

>     At the NYC sprint, Jim had a list of items that
>need
>  to be done. One of those items was a absolute url
>  implementation. More the the point, What is needed to
>  get this going? Since I will need it to finish the
>  Undo code. I would like to work on Copy&Paste as
>well,
>  but I need to know where I am in the parent/child
>  (family tree) in Zope.

Well, first of all you should add this task to the collector, so people can
comment on it easily. I think in general we all should use the collector
much more actively.

>     Where do i get started with this? Is this partly
>  done somewhere, in some branch?

No, I think noone is working on this. However, the Request keeps track of
all sorts of data. On the other hand it might be just an Adapter to
implement that is available for all Persistent objects. I will look into that.

>      Also would be cool if copy and paste could be
>  made zmi independent (more like just a set of API
>  calls that any "interface" can use).

YES! I think this is a requirement. I imagine some sort of Adapter for
this, which is then used by the View Components. I thnk this should also go
into the development collector.

I know very many people who cannot make it to Sprints and want to help.
They simply do not have tasks. So let us give them some by providing
issues, tasks and bugs in the collector.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter