[Zope3-dev] RFC: preCreation view, postCreation view use cases

Gary Poster gposter@earthlink.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:12:07 -0500

I've been working on some ContentManager use cases.  I feel I've identified a
couple of important needs that are not yet supported by the current Zope 3
setup: pre-creation views and a post-creation default view.  I've outlined my
thoughts in the Zope 3 wiki here:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/CreateContent

I'd appreciate people weighing in on these.

For the impatient, my points are these:

  * we ought to be able to specify pre-creation views (plural!) of an object,
that will let us provide TTW the values needed to instantiate an object
(including a file upload).  This seems particularly important to me to be
able to use non-Zope specific classes.

  * we ought to be able to specify a default post-creation view of an object,
to which the creation process will automatically direct the user after object
creation.

If either of these are already supported, my apologies: I believe I did my
due diligence, but perhaps I missed something.

Gary