[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope3 - zpl.py:1.1.2.3

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:13:04 -0600

[Jeremy Hylton]

>   CW> BTW, loosing the documentation for $id$ at least has the
>   CW> potential for confusing, what's the downside of having it in?
>
> More tedious boilerplate at the top of each source file.
>
> I don't understand why anyone is going to have a problem with the way
> it currently reads.  Instead of saying to your customer, "Can you tell
> me what the revision information says?"  You say, "Can you tell me
> what's on the line that starts '$Id:'."  In either case, you're going
> to have to tell them to look at the last line of the doc string.
>
> Jeremy

Why not attach it as a module attribute and expose it TTW somewhere? Perhaps
a Revision Information tab that showed certain module attributes for all
modules?

__cvsid__ = "$Id: entity.py,v 1.12 2002/03/07 16:28:11 pobrien Exp $"

Just my 2 cents worth.

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech