[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope3 - zpl.py:1.1.2.3

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:53:05 -0500

  CW> BTW, loosing the documentation for $id$ at least has the
  CW> potential for confusing, what's the downside of having it in?

More tedious boilerplate at the top of each source file.

I don't understand why anyone is going to have a problem with the way
it currently reads.  Instead of saying to your customer, "Can you tell
me what the revision information says?"  You say, "Can you tell me
what's on the line that starts '$Id:'."  In either case, you're going
to have to tell them to look at the last line of the doc string.

Jeremy