[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Medusa 0.5.1 maint release, planned for inclusion in Zope?

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:13:05 -0600

At 12:19 PM 3/30/2002 -0500, Andreas Jung wrote:
>Sounds that someone should write a WebDAV server as well :-)

Mmmh, I am in the process of writing a Virtual File System (VFS)
implementation for ZODB right now. Once that is done, both FTP and WebDAV
can be written. In fact, WebDAV (minus the locking and some other advanced
functionality) might be easier than FTP, since it is based on HTTP, a
low-level server we already have.

Is there a WebDAV library for Python I could use? Where can I find some
more info about the standard?

I hope to get done with VFS today.

BTW, the new Medusa version is already out now, but I could not find many
changes, so I kept on writing our own; it is much cooler in anyway. :-)
Someone should write a generic FS version of our HTTPServer stuff. :-)

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter