[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Medusa 0.5.1 maint release, planned for inclusion in Zope?

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:18:17 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Richter" <srichter@cbu.edu>
To: "Andreas Jung" <andreas@andreas-jung.com>; "Chris Withers"
<chrisw@nipltd.com>
Cc: "Jeff Kowalczyk" <jtk@adelphia.net>; <zope3-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 13:13
Subject: Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Medusa 0.5.1 maint release, planned
for inclusion in Zope?

> At 12:19 PM 3/30/2002 -0500, Andreas Jung wrote:
> >Sounds that someone should write a WebDAV server as well :-)
>
> Mmmh, I am in the process of writing a Virtual File System (VFS)
> implementation for ZODB right now. Once that is done, both FTP and WebDAV
> can be written. In fact, WebDAV (minus the locking and some other advanced
> functionality) might be easier than FTP, since it is based on HTTP, a
> low-level server we already have.
>
> Is there a WebDAV library for Python I could use? Where can I find some
> more info about the standard?

RFC 2518 :-)

There are some implementations out there but the most complete
WebDAV implementation for Python is the implementation in Zope.
Some stuff might be reused but in general it should be rewritten
from scratch.

I also had some thoughts about using libneon in Zope3 however
I have not had a closer look at neon at this check (hopefully
checking libneon over Easter).

Andreas