[Zope3-dev] Medusa 0.5.1 maint release, planned for inclusion in Zope?

Eron Lloyd lloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
31 Mar 2002 15:34:47 -0500

What are the chances of integrating Twisted Python into Zope3's
infrastructure? Outside of basic sockets, Zope and XML-RPC, I'm fairly
new to low-level network programming, but Twisted looks like something
that could be right up our alley. It's still actively developed,
liberally licensed, and seems to aim to solve a lot of Python's core
networking limitations. Besides replacing Medusa, Twisted seems to
provide a quite different way of doing things than asyncore itself. Its
already implemented as a Webserver, ORB, RDBMS interface, and
authentication model (which surprisingly seems to want to become some
sort of MS Passport solution). Is it too late for a deep change like
this? What do the python experts on the list think? I'm learning more as
of now, and could devote some energy in this area (as it's a quite
important one). Imagine Zope as a Universal Network Conduit.....

Regards,

Eron