[Zope3-dev] renaming MementoBags..conclusions?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 18:18:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 May 2002, Steve Alexander wrote:
> Or, perhaps there's a less-strict use of the term meta-data that I'm not
> aware of.
>
>    http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=Metadata

I was thinking of a less-strict interpretation when I +1ed that name <grin>.
As in, 'meta' being data that places an object in a larger context.  But
using the narrower definition is probably superior in this case.

> > (Jim and Guido both seemed to favor this to my proposal, IAssociatedData)
>
> I prefer this spelling because to my ear it more accurately describes
> the purpose of the thing.

How about IAttachedData?

> I prefer either name to IMementoBag, as the feature only has a marginal
> relationship to the memento design pattern, and while it could be used
> to hold mementos, it can be used for a wider variety of purposes otherwise.

Agreed.

--RDM