[Zope3-dev] renaming MementoBags..conclusions?

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Sun, 12 May 2002 20:25:50 -0400

On Sunday 12 May 2002 06:33 pm, Steve Alexander wrote:
> R. David Murray wrote:
> > How about IAttachedData?

>    IExtraData    extra == outside of the object
>                  extra == added to the object

These go in a direction I like.  (I realize that Steve did not propose
IExtraData seriously, but I like it...)

I do wish the name clarified that extra data was attachable to the given
object: this is one aspect of the original name (the "Bag" part) that I
liked.  IAttachedData and IExtraData (and IMetaData) seem to describe data;
but an object that implements the interface we are discussing is not *itself*
attached or extra data in this context, but an object that (presumably in
addition to its primary duties) contains getters and setters *for* extra data.

brainstorming down this path:

  IDataBag
  IExtraDataBag
  IExtraAttributeHolder
  IExtraObjectBag
  IAlienBag :-)
  IAlienSocket

Whee...getting a little creative.  hee hee, I like IAlienBag.

I obviously had a hard time moving away from "bag"...but see where I'm trying
to go with this?

>    I3rdPartyStuff
>
>    IllStopThereWhileImAhead

oh, UStopIt :-)