[Zope3-dev] More renaming - Formulator -> Form(s)?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:58:31 +0200

Stephan Richter wrote:
> At 05:08 PM 5/13/2002 -0600, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> >While naming issues still seem to be shaking themselves out, what about
> >renaming the 'Formulator' package to 'Forms'?
> >
> >While it's good to have an add-in Product called Formulator, I don't think
> >that name holds so well for a built in package.  I nominate renaming it to
> >'Forms' (aka Zope.App.Forms), which holds similarity to - among other
> >things
> >- the .NET Framework's convention (System.Windows.Forms).
>
> Well, I would wait with renaming until the Schema stuff lands (on which
> Martijn and I are working on). Maybe the concept of forms and fields moves
> more into a Schema module or so. We will see later.

Yes, this is the likely scenario. We'll probably have some package for
forms only left, but quite a bit of this should be moving into
the Schema package. So, sure, let's do the renaming away from Formulator,
but let's put it off until the development settles down (and this
development is due for a speedup as Stephan is sitting next to me now :).

Regards,

Martijn