[Zope3-dev] renaming MementoBags..conclusions?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 15:44:25 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> So an annotation can contain simple objects like lists and strings, as
> well as instances of core Zope classes, but an annotation should not
> contain instances of classes that could be uninstalled someday.  That
> rules out 3rd party classes.  The word annotation connotes brevity and
> limited expression, I think. (Unlike this discussion ;-) )

As I explained in my proposal about transitively registering adapters, I
might want to create a way of storing my Annotations in an RDBMS, or
some other external storage, rather than as objects in an OOBTree (as
they are currently implemented by default).

Having rules about what is allowed to be an Annotation makes this
easier, but I'm not sure we know enough about how Annotations will be
used to make such rules yet.

--
Steve Alexander