[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 ids, names, and unicode

Yusei Tahara pchi@din.or.jp
Mon, 20 May 2002 23:45:29 +0900

Hi.

> Agreed. I'd complain a lot if Zope were to adopt weird urls.
> I mean, even the ';' thingy in URL is already raising storms, imagine
> what would happen if we were to say Zope 3 only has 15315353abxf15135 :).
> This also sort of hooks into the whole REST versus SOAP debate, where
> the SOAP approach would be equivalent to the weird URLs (or no URLs at
> all, but URLs that opaque aren't *real* URLs anyway..)
I'll say, I don't want to adopt weird urls.

In CMF, I can identify content by cataloged metadata without ids.
I like this approach very much.

> > Hm, this is kinda deep. Is there such a thing as a meaningful URL in
> > Japanese?
>
> It's interesting; I didn't fully realize some languages can't have meaningful
> names as they stand now, until this discussion.
Hmm, I think most asian languages have same problem, chinese, korean,
japanese and so on ;-).

This is very disadvantage, so there is "romaji" in Japan.
"romaji" is written by alphabet and it represents japanese reading.
My name "Yusei" is written by romaji, not true notation.

Likewise, I can name contents id as romaji or English word, but it is
annoying things for me, especially in Wikis.

Thank you.

--
Yusei Tahara			"So it goes"
pchi@din.or.jp