[Zope3-dev] Re: Views on Views ;-)

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 06:37:21 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:

> > > Secondly, saying that the :: bit isn't important 'cos you'll never use it on containers
> > > isn't true, certainly in some of the usecases I can think of :-S
> >
> > I said you don't need :: on non-containers. I'd say this is true. What use
> > cases would dictate ::?
>
> Having a view on a container that returned a downloadable file, from the use
> case we discussed before:

I said you don't need :: non *non*-containers or when the container and view
namespaces don't overlap.

> acl_users/view::xls.xls
>
> then there'd also be the normal html view, and probable an editing form + method
> view as well...
>
> Am I missing something here?

I don't think you are reading what I'm saying.  In the example
above, do the user id namespace and the view namespace overlap?
If so, you need ::. If all the user ids were numbers, you wouldn't
need to qualify views.