[Zope3-dev] Slide comments (was re: RFC: Heads up! Major changes coming!)

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 09:25:10 -0500

At 09:05 AM 5/28/02 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

>I've posted a copy of the updated slides at
>http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/TutorialSlides/index.html.
>
>for your review and comment here. (They aren't Wiki pages. :(.

The slides "ContactEditView.py" and "ContactEditPresentation Methods" seem
to be inconsistent in the names of the class and methods.  The code refers
to 'self.index()' instead of 'self.editForm()', for example.

Also, the "browser:defaultView" part is a little confusing; it says you can
create a named view or a default view, but it's not clear to me from
reading it how I would designate a non-default named view, or what happens
if I have two "defaultView" directives.

Similarly, when we get to the part about "browser:view" and "zmi:tabs",
there seem to be some identifier inconsistencies once again, or some kind
of clash between the idea of view names and page names.  I'm not sure what
was actually meant in that section.

There's a dangling reference to adding "features" (should be adapters) in
the section at the beginning that outlines the presentation.

And the last slide ("Using the new adapter") has code that calls
'queryAdapter' (probably should be 'getAdapter').