[Zope3-dev] interface implementation errors

Guido Wesdorp johnny@johnnydebris.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:16:56 +0100

On Friday 08 November 2002 13:24, Steve Alexander wrote:

> In the interface IPersistent.py, _p_independent is described as being a=
> optional method that a persistent object type can define to return true
> if it wants to declare it isn't bothered about read conflicts.

Maybe due to my lack of fully understanding OO and interfaces, but to me =
it=20
sounds like _p_independent shouldn't be defined on the interface, I think=
=20
interfaces should describe the members that should be implemented to ensu=
re=20
proper functioning of the object in the context the interface is built fo=
r,=20
and no more. For this reason I think we (the Zope3 sprint doc team) shoul=
d=20
use objects rather than interfaces to document Zope, since the objects ca=
n=20
define more members than defined on the interfaces.

Guido