[Zope3-dev] setting up roadmap

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:24:12 +0000

> sure, as a first step we would like to know:
>
> 1. What a person is doing on Zope3

 > 2. How/where this project fits in the document roadmap of Jim

Helping codeworks with their work on cache managers.
Helping out with:
   Maintaining the Event service
   Maintaining the "clams level" Security and wrappers stuff
   Planning a transaction-aware mail delivery service
   Maintaining the ObjectHub
   Planning and implementing the Indexing service

> 3. The project leader of that project (to which we can ask questions
> concerning the project)

Ask Gary Poster or me about Event, ObjectHub and Indexing.

Ask me, or various people at ZopeCorp/PythonLabs about security and
wrappers. I'm happy to be a contact point for this, unless someone else
wants to pipe up and volunteer.

Ask Barry Warsaw or me about a transaction-aware mail delivery service.

> 4. The status of the project (level of completeness)

Event Service: complete, but might want some UI/Views work.
Wrappers stuff: complete for an alpha release.
Security: ZopeSecurityPolicy needs reviewing. Some UI/Views work needs
doing.
Transaction-aware mail delivery: pre-proposal stage.
ObjectHub: complete, but might want some UI/Views work.
Indexing service: exploratory prototypes underway, with a view to having
a clear direction to work in before the Sprintathon.

> 5. Small introduction to the project so other people can dive into it.
> This doesn't have to be big, just see it as a very small prelude to a
> chapter of a book.

I'll look at this later.

--
Steve Alexander