[Zope3-dev] setting up roadmap

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:08:00 -0500

> I've finished the basic code, but need to backport the existing docs
> into the meta.zcml files, and then start bugging code authors for
> enough info to document the remaining directives (the vast majority!)

David, you can add this task to the Documentation SubProjects Wiki in the
ReferenceDocumentation section. This way it will not get lost.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Documentation

> It is possible that the Infre Sprintathon doc project will tackle
> this, but I haven't talked to that team about it yet.

Yeah, I think this would be a good Sprintathon project.

>     o figuring out some way to enforce the use of attribute
>         subdirectives so that the meta-configuration *has*
>         to match the actual usage of the configuration directives
>         in order for zope to run (currently, you can enable
>         a new attribute in code and use it in a directive without
>         changing the metaconfiguration of that directive, which
>         leaves a nasty auto-doc hole)

Right, A lot of people really want that. Maybe You should write up a proposal
for this.

>     o introspecting the returned actions so I can auto-document
>         what the non-meta directives actually *do* in a configured
>         zope system

That would be really cool. Maybe you also want to add this task to wither the
OnlineHelp or ReferenceDocumentation section.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter