[Zope3-dev] Interesting parallels between Zope approach and N aked Objects

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:50:06 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> >No I don't think so. I think the new way just saves you a lot of overhead
> >and nasty monkey patching. People still have to think (they even have to
> >think harder)
>
> Guys, that really needs not to be the case in the long run if you want Zope
> 3 to succeed.

People will have to think harder if they want to extend the framework,
as there's a bit more of a framework. They'll have to think less hard about
how to work around issues, hopefully; using the framework in new and
unexpected ways should become a lot easier.

Anyway, if you are concerned about people having to think too much why
don't you do something about it? Suggest simplifications, write documentation.
Just making this kind of comment on the mailing list is rather
useless, so perhaps you should refrain. It's frustrating to see empty
sniping in the sidelines, which in my opinion this is.

Regards,

Martijn