[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 UI

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:31:47 -0700

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 07:41  AM, Joachim Werner wrote:

> Some basic remarks:
>
> - I don't want to have forms code that is hand-coded into management
> screens. All forms should be auto-rendered (see Formulator, or for a
> bad but
> working implementation the current Properties sheets).

I think there should be a basic, usable, and simple catch all
Management Interface that is similar, but possibly more narrow in
scope, than the current Zope 2 ZMI.  I'm thinking of things like the
Windows Management Console / IIS Management Console on Windows 2000.
You don't manage the content with the IIS Management Console, but you
can access and configure all the properties for the objects being
served, with the focus being on server-specific properties.

There should be little or no need for customization of this level of
management, since it should exist primarily as a no-frills interface
that people with access can use to change run time component instances
and configurations.