[Zope3-dev] Locale and Object Formatting (numbers and datetimes)

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:13:49 -0500

On Monday 25 November 2002 09:30, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> That's not really what I meant.  The methods I'm talking about are not
> convenience methods; they are methods of an entirely different
> interface.  Your interfaces are designed for applications centered
> around i18n (like KBabel), whose primary purpose is to work with
> multiple languages and locales.  My interface is designed for most other
> applications.
>
> Thus the only thing to talk about is really the name of the services.
> Isn't "I18N" a better name for your service?

Well, I am almost indifferent about it, except that the current naming
corresponds to the ICU and Java one, which is nice, if people join Zope from
these camps. I think naming it differently will make it harder for newcomers.

If you think this reason is insufficient, feel free to change the name of the
proposal and the Interfaces.

Regards,
Stephan
--